Friday, October 2, 2009

Circuit Training

Last week I was browsing Borders and I found a Jillian Michaels exercise card deck. It looked fun and I've been looking for some different strength training ideas.

There are 78 different exercises and 9 circuit training cards that put those moves together. On Tuesday morning I did the Card #1. Just looking at the cards they look pretty easy but boy was I sweaty and tired afterward! It was a great workout and by the end of the day I was already feeling sore.

Thursday morning I did Card #7 (I let boyfriend pick the number). This one was definitely harder and I had to modify some of the exercises, like clapping in between a push up (yea right!).

Between that and running my quads are so sore and tight this morning. I had planned on going to the spinning class this morning but I think I need a day off.

On the running front things have been going well. Tuesday I didn't run because it was rainy and really windy. Wednesday we went to the Ridge and did our 5 mile loop. It was pretty slow like last week but I think it's more because we are lingering after the big hill ("Mother").

Yesterday I did a short 3.75 mile run with couple friends. It was pretty quick but mainly because I was having stomach issues and needed to get back to the bathroom.

I plan on doing some cross training tomorrow and a long run on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment