Thursday, August 6, 2009

I guess I shouldn't do math at 5:30am

Yesterday morning I went out to do 6x800m at about 5K pace. I got outside and set my watch to do 6 intervals with a warm-up and cool down. I set the interval distance to .25 miles (see my problem?) and off I went. After a nice warm-up I started the intervals and felt good. I kept thinking that this is going by way faster than I thought it would. Soon I was done the intervals and jogging home. 

Later, I'm sitting at work thinking about running and wondering what I have planned for the rest of the week when I realize I set my watch for .25 miles instead of .50 miles! I did 6x400m instead of 6x800m. Ugh! I don't know what made me think that .25 miles was about 800m. I'm going to chalk it up to the fact that it was 5:30 am and that I'm not thinking as clearly then. Now I know to set my watch the night before!

Either way, my 6x400m intervals went well. Here are my average paces for each:

1) 8:09
2) 8:32
3) 8:08
4) 7:58
5) 7:47
6) 7:49

I think that's pretty good. And sorta consistent.....

I was thinking about doing 6x800m when I got home last night or this morning but I thought that would be a little much. Today I am cross training. I already did an hour of Jillian Michaels' DVDs that kicked my butt and I'm planning on heading to the gym after work for some more cardio. 

Tomorrow I have a 6 mile Tempo Run scheduled. I'm a little nervous but am definitely going to try my best.  

In other news this week I have gotten back into the habit of cooking dinner every day. I used to cook a lot but sorta fell out of the habit. Last weekend I planned all our meals for the week and have been holding to it. Monday was a healthier Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo. Tuesday was delicious Turkey Burgers. Last night was Apricot Glazed Chicken Thighs. And tonight will be Shrimp Stir-fry. 

I feel so much better when I eat right and am happy I've been sticking to it. The boyfriend and I were supposed to go away Saturday through Wednesday but due to his job we had to cancel it. At least I'll be able to stay on the cooking kick and not have to worry about getting my runs in. Though, I was looking forward to a little vacation and running in a different place. Oh well. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, don't feel bad about the wrong intervals - I mess up my distance calcuations all the time and I'm an engineer!

    Nice negative splits on the intervals too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the fact that you are up and running at 5:30 AM is a good thing. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete