Friday, August 14, 2009

Less than productive week...

This week wasn't as productive on the running front as most. Let's just go through the days...

Monday: 5K Group Run was cancelled because we had Thunderstorm and Flood Warnings so I did about 50 minutes of Yoga. It felt really good. I needed that stretch after Sunday's long, hot run.

Tuesday: I did 5 miles, easy; with 3x(3x30m) sprints on flat ground. I measured the same way as when I did these 2 weeks ago: 3 house lengths. My times looked like this:

9.67 seconds
9.28
8.85
8.73
8.40
8.60
9.20
9.00
8.07

Not too consistent but not too horrible.

Wednesday: I woke up, mentally ready to run but my stomach was not having it. I was still so full from eating too much on Tuesday and I knew the run would be painful until I could go to the bathroom. I decided I would cross train instead. I did an hour of Jillian Michaels DVDs and really tried to push myself. Using heavier weights on moves that I normally would use lighter weights. It was, as always, a great workout. 

Thursday: Wed into Thurs I worked an overnight at work. I got home around 5am Thursday morning and slept until about noon. Then I did some work and more cross training. It was really hot outside and I wanted to hang out by the computer in case there were any issues at work I needed to deal with. I wound up doing an hour and a half of cardio and weights. 

Friday: My plan this morning was to try a 4-5 mile tempo run. As soon as I woke up I knew that wasn't going to happen. My legs are really feeling the workout yesterday, which feels great by the way (more on that in a bit). I started off at a pretty quick pace but my legs just couldn't keep up. I still wound up doing 5 miles at 9:43 pace. Not too bad. 

Back to the sore legs...I have to say I was happy when I woke up this morning and felt the soreness in my legs. I haven't been sore in a long time so it was nice to feel that my muscles had been challenged. I need to switch up my workouts and cross training more so that I can work muscles that don't usually. 

Plans for the weekend: Run or cross train tomorrow, I haven't decided yet. Long run on Sunday, 12 miles. And of course, it's supposed to be another hot and humid day. 

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment