Sunday, August 2, 2009

Progression Run and Hills

I switched my Friday run to Saturday. I slept in Friday morning and just wanted to relax after work. So Saturday morning I woke up semi early and headed out for a run. I didn't quite wake up early enough cause it was pretty toasty.

I started with a 25 minute progression run. I have trouble with these type of runs. I generally increase my pace but I don't go as slow as I should in the beginning so the increase is only a little. I also did 3 sets of 300m, 200m, and 100m hill repeats. The distances were definitely not exact. I went to a hill in a park near me. It was the only hill I could think or that was bug enough for 300m. So I ran up the whole hill for 300m and then estimated 200m and 100m. I kept it consistent for all 3 sets. I didn't set my watch for the repeats so it's hard to tell how long they each took me but I'm thinking they were pretty slow. 

After the hill repeats I jogged home. All-in-all I ran 6.5 miles in 1:03:36. 

This morning I did a 20K run but I'll write about that a little later today. Time to go grocery shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment