Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cross Training Day

Today my schedule called for a 40-60 minute Recovery Run but I decided to do some cross training instead. I'm still trying to stay focused on building strength in my upper body and core. This morning I did Jillian Michaels' The Biggest Winner Front Side and Back Side. Basically it was an hour of cardio and strength rolled into one. I sweat so much when I do this workout. Afterwards, it feels like I really accomplished something. I've been doing this workout at least twice a week for a month or so now and I can definitely feel a difference in my strength. 

My plan for the afternoon was to go to the gym and bike for a while but I stayed late at work and really just wanted to go home. I did do a half hour of yoga which made my muscles happy. I've been really stiff lately. 

Food wise I feel like I've been doing pretty good. I've gone back to eating more smaller meals throughout the day instead of three big meals. I was doing this most of last year and liked it. I don't know how I got out of the habit but I'm back now and hopefully going to continue. 

Time for bed! Tomorrow morning is a Progression Run with Hills. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment