Friday, July 3, 2009

Goals

Lose Weight
Get Strong
Be Fast

These are the three things that need to happen in order for me to reach my goal of completing a half marathon in under 2 hours. 

Lose Weight - I need to focus on my calorie intake a lot more than I currently am. I would like to have at least a 250-500 calorie deficit each day so that I can plan on losing 0.5-1 pound a week. When I lost weight before I kept track of everything I ate each day. I need to get back in the habit of doing this. 

Get Strong - I know that having a strong upper body and core will only help my running. I've been doing circuit training/weight lifting workouts about twice a week. I can already feel a difference in the strength my arms have.

Be Fast - This is what my goal is all about. Being fast and getting under 2 hours. I want to start making hill workouts a weekly part of my training. I have joined a Track Club in my area and have been to one track workout. It was fun and completely different than anything I normally do.

Focusing on these three aspects of my training should get me to my goal in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment