Friday, July 10, 2009

I'm going to be a coach!

I run/train with Fleet Feet Buffalo. In case you don't know, Fleet Feet is a running store located in different cities around the country. FF Buffalo has several different training groups from 5K to a full marathon. I've been running with them for a year now. I joined right after my first half marathon because I knew I wanted to continue running and also wanted to meet people in Buffalo that liked to run. I have met a lot of great people and close friends from the group and would definitely suggest joining a running group.

Anyway, yesterday the FF owners (our coaches) sent out their weekly training email about our long run on Sunday and various other things. In the email they asked for volunteers to be coaches for their 5K (No Boundaries) program. I gladly volunteered. I'm really excited about doing this. I'm excited to help people start running but also to learn from them. 

Monday is their second group run and my first with them. I'm glad it's on Monday's since this is usually my rest day and we won't ever be running more than 4 miles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment