Wednesday, July 1, 2009

First Post

Welcome! A year and a half ago I started training for a half marathon. I had never run more than a couple miles. I wanted to lose weight (as I had for several years) and needed a goal to work towards.  Just "working out" didn't do it for me. I would make up excuses and tell myself I would do it tomorrow instead. Training for the half gave me something else to work towards. I didn't want to miss a run because then I might not be able to complete my goal.

I really didn't lose too much weight in the 5 months I was training for my first half but I gained muscles I never knew could exist and found something I genuinely loved to do. Crossing the finish line at my first half marathon was just the cherry on top, I was hooked. 

Five more halves and one full marathon later here I am, still running and still loving it. This fall I plan on running the Toronto Half Marathon and my goal is to finish it in under 2 hours. The closest I've come is 2:04:40. Speed has been tough for me in the past but I don't think I've devoted myself and my training to it enough. 

I plan on using this blog as a journal for myself to keep track of my progression as I try to become a faster runner. I hope maybe this helps other runners along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment