Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Catching up

I've been a crappy blogger. My running, however, has been going well. It's getting easier and feeling better to run faster. I think the key for me in the last couple weeks is running with people that are faster than me, especially for long runs. Doing long runs at or near tempo has given me the confidence to know that I can run faster than I think I can.

Here's a breakdown of the last week:

Friday: Rest day.

Saturday: The boyfriend and I went to the gym. We warmed up on the elliptical for 5 minutes, then did a bunch of strength training exercises. It was really fun to do it together. I let him figure out the workout and I just followed him along. It was nice not to have to think about anything.

Sunday: 11.5 mile long run in 1:47:19. 9:20 min/mile pace. It was a good run. I'm getting used to running at a faster pace and even slowing down to stay with the group.

Monday: 5K Coaching. We did 2.5 miles, 3:30 run/1:00 walk. It was a nice night and a good run. Everyone is doing great!

Tuesday: I ran to the track (1.35 miles), did 8x200m, and got a ride home. :) My split times were pretty good:

52:47 seconds
53:79
54.19
54.37
53.17
51.39
52.07
51.77

It was a good workout and nice to be on the track. I need to go there more often.

Tonight we're heading out to the Ridge for 5 miles of hills!

No comments:

Post a Comment