Thursday, September 17, 2009

TiaRT -Running Friends

This weeks question is from Jillian at Finishing is Winning:

You get to run the last six miles of your next marathon with 6 different people. They can be dead or alive; famous or not famous. Who are these people and why did you pick them? Furthermore, why did you pick them for the specific mile you did? Remember, you get an extra .2 miles with runner #6.

Right off the bat I knew 4 people I would want to run with. However, I had a really hard time coming up with the last two. Here is what I did, finally, come up with...

Mile 20-21 - My Fleet Feet training partners: I tried to pick just one of them but I couldn't. They are definitely the reason that I love running as much as I do. We push each other. We encourage each other. They are always there for a run and a chat (or bitch fest as it can sometimes be).

Mile 21-22 - My Dad: While my Dad has never been to one of my races he's always been super supportive and encouraging. He used to run back in the day (nothing crazy, just for exercise) and it would be nice to run together.

Mile 22-23 - Kara Goucher: I'm a big fan of hers and I would love to chat with her. I'm sure she could give me late race tips to help me finish strong.

Mile 24-25 - Deena Kastor: I have read that Deena is a big foodie and while I might not be hungry after running so far I would love to hear about her favorite things to make. I put her at 24-25 because it's close enough to the finish that thinking about food will just push me harder.

Mile 23-24 - Boyfriend: He's been nothing but supportive of my running and I want to share it with him.

Mile 25-26.2 - My Mom: I picked my mom last because I want her to experience what it feels like to cross the finish line at a marathon. She's walked many half marathons and is just getting into running. She has supported me, encouraged me, and traveled with me for most of the big races I've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment